Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen RepairTechKnow Space can fix your Galaxy S III screen in 1 hour.
Glass Replacement (parts and labor included): $149
Entire Screen Replacement (parts and labor included) : $299
For Samsung Galaxy S3, the display/screen is comprised of 3 layers:
- An outermost protective Glass.
- A middle layer Digitizer or Touchscreen.
- An inner layer LCD for displaying images.
When a screen gets damaged/cracked, there are three possible outcomes:
- In 60% of the cases, only the outer glass gets damaged/broken.
- In most such situations, it is possible to separate the damaged Glass from the two inner screens and replace the Glass alone. You get charged for the Glass replacement only.This solution provides an almost 100% perfect screen, though possibly with some very minor cosmetic, almost imperceptible imperfections.
- In some situations however, even though only the Glass is broken/cracked, it is not possible to remove/separate the Glass from the rest of the screen (due to the nature of the damage). Thus, the entire screen needs replacing and you get charged for the entire screen replacement. In this case however, we will call to inform you of the cost, ie. the entire screen replacement cost. Should you prefer not to replace the entire screen, we will put the phone back together and charge you the $25 diagnostics fee.
- In 40% of the remaining situations, the Digitizer/Touchscreen and/or the LCD are also damaged. Since The Digitizer and the LCD are designed and manufactured as one inseparable and integrated component, they cannot be independently replaced, thus requiring replacement of the entire screen. You will therefore be charged for replacing the entire screen.
The Samsung S3 has a 4.8-inch Gorilla glass touchscreen. Gorilla glass is mostly used on smartphones to resist scratches. The screen for the Samsung Galaxy III is an integrated assembly that is made up of a glass/touchscreen or digitizer. There is no way of separating the digitizer from the LCD display. Thus, if the touchscreen or the digitizer breaks we need to replace the digitizer or touchscreen AND the LCD.
The NFC-capable Galaxy S III has a Super AMOLED HD (1280Ã—720) touchscreen display, offering more sub-pixels than any other device, resulting in improved colors as well as better visibility in bright situations. The S3 is extremely reflective.
Samsung Galaxy S3 screen replacement will resolve the following issues:
- screen is very dimmed
- can't slide to unlock your galaxy S3 phone
- the screen is unresponsive
- the Galaxy display is not sharp because of dead pixels on the lcd
- the Samsung Galaxy S3 LCD bleeds the liquid (in the "Liquid" Crystal Display)
- the S3 screen has lines running through it vertically or horizontally.
- the Galaxy screen is black or white, you can't see any picture (the backlight has failed)
- the Samsung Galaxy S III screen is cracked or broken
Unless you are an expert, trying to replace the digitizer/touchscreen yourself is hazardous to your happiness. These screens are very fragile and expensive. The glass or the digitizer is fused to the display / LCD, and the display is tightly fitted to the S3's frame. This screen replacement is best left to experienced technicians.
Unfortunately, we have had a number of DIY-enthusiasts, victims of the many online videos, straggling into our store clutching their newly purchased broken screens and their S IIIs, looking for help.
Our experts can fix your Galaxy S III screen in 1 hour.
Cracked or broken touchscreens / LCDs are the most common problem with the Galaxy S III. Many people mistakenly believe that the Gorilla glass is unbreakable, which is untrue. Gorilla glass is a great improvement for smartphones, making it less easy for the digitizer or screen to get scratched, but it is still easy for the display to crack or break.
Often, the digitizer or the LCD may not be visibly broken, but does fail to work due to repeated knocks, dings and drops. So, while the display has no visible crack, it might be white or unresponsive to the touch. After suffering multiple knocks and dings over time, just the slightest impact may render the screen inoperable. This is a perplexing but common experience for many users who can't understand why a very slight impact resulted in the failure of their screen.
Screens can also bleed the liquid that is sealed within the LCD glass. This can occur weeks or months after the first serious impact/knock suffered by the screen. This impact often results in hair-line cracks that are typically invisible to the naked eye. Over time, however, repeated knocks can widen and deepen the cracks until the cracks are large enough to seep out the liquid.
Bottom line, never leave home without protection! It is inevitable that our phones will get knocked, dinged and dropped. Only the very paranoid will escape this fate. Given this reality, if your phone is valuable, please ensure that you always protect your phones with good quality cases that absorb most of the impact from any physical knocks or dings.
The alternative : "Hello TechKnow Space!"
Galaxy S3 Smartphone Problems
Smartphone Problems we repair:
- Galaxy S3 Smartphone screen repair or Galaxy S3 LCD repair
- Galaxy S3 touch screen repair or Galaxy S3 Smartphone digitizer repair
- Galaxy S3 glass repair or Galaxy S3 Smartphone lens repair
- Galaxy S3 Smartphone USB Port Repair or Galaxy S3 Sync / Charging Port Repair
TechKnow Space Locations
Mississauga - Open Everyday
33 City Centre Dr Suite 142,
(Across / Opposite Square One)
L5B 2N5 905 897 9860
Toronto - Open Everyday
387 Front ST W,
(1 Block from the Rogers Centre)
M5V 3S8 416 987 9860